Monday 9 August 2010

I want......

I want to able to wake each day in a tidy room.
To be able to prepare a snack or drink in the kitchen at any time without having to clean dishes or surfaces first..
I want to be able to access my sewing machine and use it daily, perhaps to make an income...
I want the house to be 'guest ready'at all times..
I want to have no more stresses about the condition of the house, and start thinking about myself and my upkeep more..
I want to be able to do what I want at any time, without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else instead..
I want a happy, healthy and contanted Husband and family, and feel that I can achieve this by performing to the best of my abilities in all of my tasks and pledges to myself.
What more can I say?
Until next time
Blessings
Rae

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae, That's what we all want but take it slowly. Two things I always do
    1] make our bed every morning and try to get the littlies making theirs. Show them how and even if its rumpled a bit, give them heaps of praise and keep at it till it becomes a habit
    2] I always wash up and leave the kitchen sink clean before I go to bed.

    This will make getting up in the morning a much happier time. Remember to just swish and swipe. Don't try and be a perfectionist or you'll wear yourself out.

    Blessings gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail.
    I think thats what is needed in this household,we need to form habits.
    I do have a morning routine that I ask the household to abide by such as
    1) make your bed
    2) open your curtains
    3) open your windows
    4) put your wash basket in the doorway so that I can do the laundry.
    needless to say,sometimes they and especially my 15 yr old are very resistant and simply wont help out, especially on the bigger tasks that require effort like gardening etc.
    This sometimes leaves me feeling that i have the whole lot of the household tasks on just my shoulders and must admit to feeling a bit resentful.
    I'll try to take it slowly now and maybe I will win one day!
    Blessings
    Rae

    ReplyDelete