Thursday 14 October 2010

loft space first phase complete

Hi everyone,
well, today has been another busy day! I had the loft flooring company here and they did a great job of laying some good strong flooring so that I can store most of my craft goodies up there, saving me loads of space down in the craft room. Officially that particular room is the dining room, but, as in many houses in  theUK, it was only used for storage.It will now become the master bedroom, giving my daughter her own room in time for her third birthday on Boxing day. it will be done as a surprise for her, so I'm going to be really busy in the near future trying to swap our current bedroom downstairs to the new room, and setting up her room in its place. i have already got the wallpaper and paint needed, its just a case of getting around to getting it done!
My lovely landlady has sent a handyman round to give me a hand to get this place back on its feet, and he completed quite a few tasks on my to-do list when he came on Tuesday. This included the front garden and drive areas, and making safe the paved path for my son's wheelchair. Just seeing the difference between the before and after he completed it has given me a huge boost and has made me get into action myself, making me start getting the rest of the house in order and maintaining the order when sorted.
I have decide to start making fabric shabby chic style teddy bears and rag dolls to sell on ebay and etsy so I have been collecting sewing patterns and fabric as I come across a bargain, hopefully this new venture will allow us to get some kind of money together to pay the bills and maybe make some savings for future house projects.
Meanwhile, I have managed to get a bargain walk-in plastic greenhouse for my ongoing self suffiency drive. It will need to be put up, maybe next week and it will hold quite a few shelving units to hold my pots of seedling vegetables. I have been saving yoghurt pots and getting some half price gardening items such as packs of mini plant pots from the local shops that are now coming into christmas season and selling off the summer stock. I love a bargain!!
well, its nearly midnight here, so my bed is calling as we are up at 5am for Hubby to get to work for 6am!
until next time,
goodnight, sleeptight and have good dreams
blessings
Rae

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is going well :)
    Keep it up. I'm proud of you :)

    Ganbatte! cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there. keep up the blooging. its good to see you write your daily antics down. how is your room doing and the garden. love rob xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for signing up to follow. That means a lot to me. I do hope you enjoy your visits here. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you are interested in. You sound like someone I could relate to. I'd love to see photos of some of your teddy bears. :o)

    Blessings,
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete